Today I am bringing you a fun new DIY Tree Sign. My baby shower was done in a camping theme and I knew right away I wanted to make a sign for Trevor that was made out of a tree and branch.
- part of a tree
- saw to cut the pieces into circles or whatever shape you decide
- wood burning tool or sharpie
- hot glue
- The first step is to find a tree that will work for the size you are wanting.
- Next you will use a saw to cut the tree into the shape, we chose circles and made them similar in size but not exact.
- Next you want to decide on a font and either print out a stencil or you can free hand it using a wood burning tool or a sharpie whichever works for you. (make sure you leave enough room at the top to drill the holes so you can hang the pieces)
- Next you will want to drill a hole in the top of each of your shapes with the letters on them.
- After you have found a branch you will then want to space out your letters and make sure they are placed where you would like them. We simply laid it out on a table and made sure the spacing was as we wanted it to be.
- Next you will want to put the twine through your holes and then hot glue them to your branch at the top.
- Once this is all done then you will want to hot glue some extra twine on the ends to hang the sign.
Have you ever made a sign like this? What do you think?
PS. Props to my hubby because he did the whole sign … I just found the inspiration 🙂